Compare and contrast time!
I’ve heard that David Letterman lives in New Canaan, CT. It’s probably not too shabby of a town. I wondered what a million dollar house would look like there, compared to a million dollar house here in the Bay Area.
So here’s a million dollar house in the town where Letterman lives. Houses there are pretty pricy – this is pretty much at the bottom of the food chain:
New Canaan, CT 06840
MLS ID#: 98269014
3 Bed, 2 Bath
1,932 Sq. Ft.
Single Family Property, Area: 953, Approximately 1.01 acre(s), Year Built: 1954, Basement, Fireplace(s), Dining room, Den, Hardwood floors
To access this webpage directly, use http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1055519634
* Single Family Property
* Area: 953
* Year Built: 1954
* 3 total bedroom(s)
* 2 total bath(s)
* 2 total full bath(s)
* Approximately 1932 sq. ft
* 2 car garage
* Attached parking
* Heating features: Wood stove, Forced air
* Interior features: Cooktop, Dishwasher, Microwave, Family room on main floor, Master bedroom upstairs, Cedar closets, Partially finished basement, Dining room has wood floor, Walk-in closet(s), Eat-in kitchen, Kitchen has vinyl floor, Living room has wood floor, Master bedroom is carpeted, Breakfast nook, Formal dining room, Foyer, Library/study, Play room
* Exterior features: Level lot, Septic sewer system, Water supply from well(s), Patio
* Exterior construction: Stone, Vinyl siding
Not bad… 1 acre of land. You certainly won’t be seeing your neighbors anytime soon!
Tomorrow, let’s see what $1 million buys you in a Bay Area city.