Today’s featured home shows that even at the very top of the housing pile, you can still find an agent cutting corners. Or in this case, bulldozing them. This entry is not only courtesy of Burbed reader Swan, it was written by Swan as well. Yes, that means we have a new Guest Blogger for you to enjoy.
So let’s take a trip through the wilds of Woodside, and find out if it’s still the Real Bay Area. And please give a warm, RBA welcome to Swan!
925 MOUNTAIN HOME Rd, Woodside, CA 94062
SQ. FT.: 18,260
$/SQ. FT.: $761
LOT SIZE: 8.7 Acres
PROPERTY TYPE: Detached Single Family
YEAR BUILT: 1991
COMMUNITY: Central Woodside
COUNTY: San Mateo
ON REDFIN: 26 days
THIS STUNNING ESTATE FEATURES +/-8.7 ACRES IN ONE OF THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS AREAS IN WOODSIDE * MAIN ESTATE FEATURES +/-18,000 SQ FT * FLAT, SUNNY, LEVEL SITE * CIRCULAR DRIVEWY * HORSES PRMITTED (VERIFY W/ WOODSIDE) ON PROPERTY * GREAT WOODSIDE VALUE WITH POOL HOUSE AND TENNIS COURT * TOO MANY FEATURES TO MENTION * * *
I think the comment of “TOO MANY FEATURES TO MENTION,” is code for “I’m too lazy.” For example,
- I’m too lazy to turn off the CAPS LOCK.
- I’m too lazy to put the E in PRMITTED and the A in DRIVEWY.
- I’m too lazy to turn the flash on when I take pictures of the living room.
- I’m too lazy to make the swimming pool look inviting.
- I’m too lazy to change the date on my camera. As a result, some of the pictures are dated December 20, 2003. Maybe that’s why the pictures are so dark. 2003 is back in the dark ages before smartphones, the iPad, and Burbed (sorry, don’t know the birthdate of Burbed). (February 4, 2006, with this Redwood City beauty. –ed.)
- I’m too lazy to ask someone, preferably the maid or butler, to clean up the island and countertop in the kitchen. By the way, what is the red mystery object on the lone chair at the island? At first, I thought it was a tomato. On further inspection, I think it’s a Kong toy for dogs.
A simple search on Google yielded some better representations of this property.
- http://www.commorancyproperties.com/925mountain_home.htm. Note the clean kitchen and bright living room. How about the woodwork around that fireplace? And, wait a minute! It’s got an indoor pool with retractable roof! Who knew?
- http://www.kerinicholas.com/ has a virtual tour. But, OOPS!!, if you go to the tour, the price is listed as $13,900. What a steal!