Today’s listing was sent in by Burbed reader MS. Thanks very much for this MUST SEE NOW in San Mateo!
SQ. FT.: 1,040
$/SQ. FT.: $433
LOT SIZE: 4,050 Sq. Ft.
PROPERTY TYPE: Detached Single Family
YEAR BUILT: 1944
COMMUNITY: North Shoreview/Dore Cavanaugh
COUNTY: San Mateo
ON REDFIN: 189 days
MUST SEE NOW! Completely remodeled 3 BR 2 full baths including a new roof, double pane windows, new kitchens cabinet, granite counter top and new stainless steel appliances. Pergo floor throughout the house, recessed lighting throughout the house, new interior, exterior paints. Detached two car garage. Drive way on the side of the property.
Here’s what MS had to say about this home:
This house is Really for Sale. It has really not sold in 170 days.
Actually it took a while to run this, so now it’s more than 190 days.
The house foreclosed at $260K, came BOM at $500K, and has been stuck at $450K for going on three months. It is not selling because the flippers did not fix the obvious and did not take into account what could not be fixed.
- It’s very close to the 101 retaining wall.
- The garage is an unpermitted conversion from a one-car to a two-car, is sagging, and backs right up to an alley shared with an chain-linked parking gate for a not-nice apartment building.
- The crawl space goes about halfway through the house. How you get to the other half is unknown.
- The water heater and w/d hookups are in exposed enclosures outside.
- The neighbor across the street has an 18-foot junk mountain behind his fence with “beware of dog” sign. A mattress is perched at the apex.
I CAN HAZ STREETVU?
I agree it’s never a good sign when the lead picture on MLS isn’t the front of the house. But surprisingly, the front exterior is not the picture of most concern. Here’s a look at the side and that unpermitted garage.
Hmmm. The Redfin agent toured it four times and concluded:
And we haven’t even started looking inside yet!
The seller just isn’t thinking BIG enough. Close to SF, close to Silicon Valley, close to biotech jobs, and really, really, really close to 101.
There’s a garage (with no access for a car) which you can instead use for the next Web 3.0 startup incubator make.money.fast opportunity. Now all that’s needed is a Web 3.0 price and a reminder to drive way on the side of the property. Way, way on the side.
I’m thinking… $995K. Who’s in?